A Home Care Package is a government-funded package designed to help eligible individuals with in-home care services. The funds can be spent on a range of services and goods that are intended to support an individual’s needs in their home. Home Care Assistance Newcastle is a local family-owned business that is very individual-focused, so you will receive tailored services to suit your needs and goals. The details on inclusions and exclusions are determined by The Department of Health.
You can use your funding for a range of care, support services and assistance equipment that is specifically related to your aged care needs. Some examples of what you can spend your Home Care Package on include:
- Domestic assistance and cleaning
- Home and garden-related services
- Personal care
- Equipment related to your ageing needs, such as mobility equipment
- Minor home modifications to enable you to stay safe at home
- Social support and companionship
- Nutrition and meal preparation
- Medication prompting
- Allied health services (physio, podiatry)
- Home-based respite care to give family carers a break
There are some services and items that are specific exclusions. These include services already subsidised by government schemes, such as Medicare Benefits Schedule or the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
Here at HCA Newcastle we are able to manage your package and establish the support you need to live happily and independently at home. We work with you to align your Home Care Package with your unique aged care needs. Give us a call today on 02 4089 3000 to find out how we could support you today.